- Readers should observe strict silence inside the library.
- Drinking/Eating/Talking/Sleeping or sitting in the unusual posture is not permissible. Smoking & spitting, eatables and drinks are prohibited inside the library.
- The entire library is under the CCTV surveillance system.
- Entry to library is strictly for readers possessing a library membership card.
- Users should carry their identity cards while entering library.
- Every person entering the library will sign the visitor register.
- Deposit your personal belongings at the property counter. Personal belongings are not allowed in the library however, Laptops are allowed.
- Use of Mobile phone inside the library is strictly prohibited. The mobile phones should be kept on the silent mode.
- Each member is entitled to borrow Books as per the Membership Entitlement.
- Readers are not allowed to borrow books on another reader’s card.
- Lost book/library card, it should be immediately reported in writing to the Library & Library In-charge.
- Readers have to show their membership card/permission, on surprise checking by the library staff.
- The members can retain the books with them for a period of two weeks (14 days) only. Overdue books will be charged with a stipulated fine. Lost or damaged books have to be newly replaced by the borrower or its current price has to be paid to the library.
- Readers are not allowed to leave their personal books/belongings on the tables as the library staff is not responsible for any loss.
- Readers should leave the books/documents on the reading table after consultation. Tracing or mechanical reproduction (Photocopying/Scanning) of the documents shall not be made without the permission of the Library In- charge.
- Under special circumstance, the library in charge will have powers to refuse admission in to the library to any person or the use of any book or material without assigning any reason.
- Writing, marking or otherwise disfigures or damaging of books or furniture is prohibited.
- Keeping/hiding a document at other places for further consultation is strictly prohibited.
- Internet Facility is available for members of the library.
- Readers are advised to use the Internet for Academic and Research work only
Rules for Membership Entitlement to borrow books:
Membership Entitlement To Borrow
Total number of books/journals may be issued
Faculty/ Hospital Staff/ Admin Staff/ Ph.D. Scholars
Postgraduate Scholars (MD/MS)
Panchakarma Technician Course Students or any other short term course students
N.P. : Whenever a member leaves/retires, he/she has to obtain a “No Dues Certificate” from the library.
Library Timings Rules:
open 8 am to 6.00 pm throughout the year except on Sundays & Gazetted
Issue/Return timings from 1.00 Pm – 4.00 Pm Monday-Friday and
11.00 Am – 2.00 Pm on Saturday
of Books/Journals & Borrowing Rules
- Library Members must carry their library membership
card to borrow.
- The Librarian & Library In-charge may
recall any book/journal, if necessary, even before the due date.
- Books are issued for 14 days (Two weeks) only
- Bound journals for 4 days
- Books lost, destroyed shall have to be paid
for or replaced by the borrower to the satisfaction of the Librarian &
- Fine of Rs. 10/- per overdue book/journal per
day when returned will be charged.
- Charges of Rs.50/- will be levied for
- Readers are not allowed to borrow books on
another reader’s card.
- Lost book/library card, should be immediately
reported in writing to the Library & Library In-charge