Since, the inception of All India Institute of Ayurveda, the branch Shalya Tantra is nurturing as surgical school and department is committed to provide the best possible care to patients who require surgical & para-surgical services (Ksharkarma, Agnikarma, Raktamokshana) at tertiary level. The dept. is having well equipped OPDs, modular operation theatre. The most commendable Ksharakarma unit of this dept is gaining popularity in Delhi and nearby states. The department is also imparting quality education at PG level by blending the knowledge of interdisciplinary understandings i.e. integration of modern sciences and patient-oriented researches.
- To encourage the creative young minds to reach
their full potential in the area of Shalya Samanya (General Surgery), Kshara
avum Anushastrakarma (Para-surgery), Asthisandhi Marmagata Roga (Bone &
Joint injuries) etc.
- To emphasize quality and value based education
to obtain optimum skill in the field of Shalya Tantra.
- To endeavor in education system by adopting
modern tools to come up a problem-oriented discoveries and solutions.
- To provide best possible patient care with utmost competence in the areas of surgical and para-surgical management, focusing on ano-rectal and bone & joint care.
- To provide state of art educational programmes at PG, Ph.D level as well as knowledge dissemination programme for faculties & practitioners.
- Encompasses the research activities to contribute patient friendly solutions to overcome post surgical problems like pain and infection.
- To establish the approach of Drugless Patient Care Services (DPCS) for autoimmune disorders like Rheumatoid Arthtritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Ulcerative Colitis etc.