is the branch of an Ayurveda which deals with diagnosis and management of
diseases occurring above the clavicle. Viz. Diseases of eyes, ears, nose,
throat, head and neck. Since this specialty deals with narrow and delicate
parts of body, it requires various specialized instruments for diagnosis and
treatment. Hence, the term Shalaki is used for the specialists of
Shalakyatantra and a probe like instruments which used for therapeutic and
diagnostic purpose was named Shalaka. Since, the inception of All India Institute of Ayurveda, the department
is committed to provide the best possible care to patients who require Medical,
Surgical & para-surgical services at tertiary level.
- To encourage the young minds to reach their full
potential in the area of Shalakya Tantra
- To emphasize quality and value based education to obtain optimum skill
in the field of Shalkya Tantra.
- To endeavor in education system by adopting modern tools to come up a
problem oriented discoveries and solutions.
- To provide best possible patient care with
utmost competence in the areas of medical, surgical and para-surgical
management, focusing on Ophtalmic, ENT and Oro dental care.
- To provide state of art educational programmes
at PG, Ph.D. level as well as knowledge dissemination programme for faculties
- To establish the Ayurvedic approach to allergic,
degenerative, diabetic, hypertensive and endocrine, digital media oriented
disorders related to Eye and ENT including care of oral hygiene with management
of Oro–dental disorders etc.