- Dedication of AIIA to nation by Hon’ble Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi: All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) has the vision to be an outstanding center of excellence for Ayurveda tertiary health care, Education and Research for the benefit of humanity. The institute was formally inaugurated and dedicated for service to nation by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi on the occasion of 2nd Ayurveda Day celebrated on Dhanwantari Jayanti (17th October, 2017).
The Inauguration ceremony was witnessed by Minister of State (I/c) Shri Shripad Yesso Naik, Ministry of AYUSH, Padmashree Vaidya Rajesh Kotecha, Secretary, Ministry of AYUSH and was graced by many other dignitaries from Ministry of AYUSH, various Government Authorities, Research Councils and more than 2500 Ayurveda practitioners, academicians, researchers and general public gathered all across India. On this occasion, a thematic exhibition of herbs useful for Pain Management, was also inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister. In his address, Prime Minister Narendra Modi appreciated the efforts of Ministry of AYUSH in envisioning AIIA as “Centre of Excellence” in AYUSH and wished for the prosperity of AIIA for its cause
- NABH Accreditation: To provide quality service to the patients visiting AIIA hospital and to acquaint all the staff of AIIA hospital to comply with the quality practice as well as to maintain the continuous quality improvement with emphasis on safety and infection control measures in Hospital, AIIA initiated the procedure for NABH accreditation. In its 2nd year of its establishment itself, AIIA became the first Ayurvedic Government Hospital to get the Coveted status of NABH Accreditation and was granted the NABH accreditation certification on 06th July 2017.
- Approval & Sanction of the second phase construction: In the current financial year, AIIA was given the approval of the second phase of its construction. Total constructed area would be approx. 60966 sq.mt. The construction plan has the following salient features
- Phase II, AIIA, Sarita Vihar would comprise of eight blocks and 3 level basement
- An auditorium with state of the art facilities having 500 seating capacity
- AYUSH Sports Complex
- Pharmacy Unit
- State of Art Central Library
- Panchakarma Wing
- International Guest House
- Residential Complex
- Boys and girls hostel etc.
- Center of Integrative Oncology (CIO) and launch of web link: As a joint venture of All India Institute of Ayurveda (AIIA) and National Institute of Cancer Prevention and Research (NICPR), Center of Integrative Oncology (CIO) has been established with an intention of integrative practice in the field of cancer prevention and management. MoU has been signed between AIIA & NICPR in the year 2016. During the celebration of the “Cancer Awareness Week”, the website link of CIO was launched by Director, AIIA in Feb, 2018.
- Establishment of National Pharmacovigilance Coordination Centre: Considering negligible number of adverse reactions to ASU & H Drugs in the National Pharmacovigilance Program in India; Ministry of AYUSH initiated a National Level Pharmacovigilance Program for ASU & H drugs with an objective of developing culture of ADR reporting, documentation and analysis for further regulatory action. Ministry of AYUSH has designated All India Institute of Ayurveda, New Delhi as a National Pharmacovigilance Coordination Centre in March, 2018.
- Journal of Ayurveda Case Reports (AyuCaRe): An exclusive journal for Ayurveda Case Reports is being published by All India Institute of Ayurveda. It invites Case Reports from clinical specialties and provides opportunities for students, researchers and faculty of Ayurveda and allied medical sciences to be part of it. This initiative is expected to play a pivotal role in researches, further generating evidence bases for the claims and principles of Ayurveda and allied sciences in a systematic way. Two issues of AyuCaRe have been publishd and third issue is in pipeline.
Foreign visits by Faculty members: AIIA takes the pride that during the year 2017-18, around 11 faculty members were deputed/invited for visiting various countries for establishing International Collaboration & promotion of Ayurveda across the globe.
- Abhimanyu Kumar visited Chicago from 22nd – 28th April, 2017 and Germany in 8-10 September, 2017 and participated in the European Academy of Ayurveda Annual Conference, and delivered a guest lecture deputed by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India
- Tanuja Nesari visited European Academy of Ayurveda, Birstein, Germany, 8-10 September, 2017 to attend 19th International Ayurveda Symposium
- Ministry of AYUSH, Govt. of India deputed PK Prajapati to participate in “4th Scientific Conference on Yoga and Ayurveda” being organized by Sulislaw Institute of Yoga and Ayurveda in collaboration with Indian Embassy at Poland from 23rd to 25th June, 2017.
- Manjusha R delivered key note address in Salakya Sandipani -2017, Sri Lanka, Recent advances in Salakya Tantra, International Conference on Salakya Tantra 2017, 3rd International conference of TAS-India organized by Gampaha Wockramarachchi Ayurveda Institute, University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka with the collaboration of The Association of Shalaki – India, on 16th and 17th September 2017.
- Sujata Kadam visited Sri Lanka for participating in Salakya Sandipani -2017, Sri Lanka, Recent advances in Shalakya Tantra, International Conference on Shalakya Tantra 2017 on 16th and 17th September 2017
- Rajagopala S visited Austria (Graz Medical University, Graz) from 19th September 2017 – 3rd October, 2017 and participated in a Symposia on Ayurveda and delivered a guest lecture, deputed by the Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India
- Galib attended a business seminar and bilateral meetings on ‘AYURVEDA’ during 27 – 28 March, 2018 at Kiev, Ukraine to discuss possibilities of bilateral cooperation for the promotion of Ayurveda trade, educational courses and profession in Ukraine. Discussions were made with Ukranian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (UCCI), Kyiv to explore possibilities of import and registration of Ayurveda products in Ukraine. Discussions were also made with KYIV Medical University for possibility of initiating short term Ayurveda courses and possibilities of establishing an Ayurveda Chair at KYIV Medical University or to have an MoU with Ministry of AYUSH.
- Dr. Shiva Kumar Harti was deputed from Ministry of AYUSH, New Delhi as a speaker at ‘Festival of India, Bangkok, Thailand’ Sept 23rd& Sept 24th, 2017.
- Dr. Mangalagowri V Rao visited Morocco as an expert in AYUSH for celebration of Ayurveda Week at Casablanca and Rabat, Morocco, from 27th February to 2nd Mach 2018. Conducted Dietetics workshop for Moroccans and delivered lectures to on Dietetic and culinary practices in Ayurveda for prevention and management of diseases and Ayurveda care for pregnancy to the University students, officials and common public at Casablanca and Rabat, Morocco.
- Dr. VG Huddar visited Sri Lanka from 16 – 19 July 2017 during International Day of Yoga 2017 as an Ayurveda expert in Colombo.
- Prasanth D visited Reunion Island, France on 16 – 27 June 2017 for providing Ayurveda consultation and delivering awareness lectures.
- Mahapatra Arun Kumar visited Tajikistan for propagation of Ayurveda in the month of February, 2018 and participated in programs for propagation of Ayurveda and delivered guest lectures, organized by Ministry of AYUSH, Government of India.
Visit by foreign delegations to AIIA: In the short duration of its establishment, AIIA is attracting International visitors and is on the verge of becoming a Hub for Medical Tourism in Ayurveda. The following delegations visited AIIA during the year 2017-18
- Visit of delegation from NIH, USA visit, 7th July, 2017
- Visit of WHO delegates, 11th October, 2017
- Visit of BIMSTEC delegation visit, 25th October, 2017
- Visit of Mauritius delegation, 3rd November, 2017
- Visit by foreign delegates of AAROGYA, 6th December, 2017
- Visit of Dr. Jorge Berra from Argentina, 6th December, 2017
- Visit of Korean delegation, 20th December, 2017
- Visit of US Delegation on 5th Jan, 2018 comprising of Dr. Tej Pareek, Dr Sandeep Agarwal, Prof. Sharon Milligan
- Visit of African Delegation from 11 African countries (30 delegates), 13th Feb, 2018
- Visit & CME of European Academy of Ayurveda, Germany during 14th – 19th Feb, 2018.