Rasashastra & Bhaishajya Kalpana is an important branch of Ayurveda curriculum which represents one of the pillars of Chikitsa Chatuhspada. In recent times, it has gained wide spread recognition due to the advancement in the field of therapeutics. It is attributed with exploring the intricacies of pharmaceutical preparation, drug development, understanding its dynamics, drug discovery, quality control, standardization as well as establishing safety and efficacy of Ayurvedic formulations through experimental and clinical trials.
- Developing preliminary QC profiles of formulations being dispensed at OPD / IPD, AIIA Hospital
- Focus on assessing safety aspects, drug interaction studies
- New drug delivery system & dosage forms for existing formulations
- Surveillance studies (Phase IV)
- Collaborative research projects with institutions of national repute
- Developing QC lab infrastructure
- Monograph on selected herbo mineral formulations
- Institutional Drug Manufacturing Unit set up for becoming self-independent in drug production
- To produce quality teachers and researchers in the subject.
- Developing preliminary QC profiles of formulations manufactured and dispensed at OPD / IPD, AIIA Hospital.
- Focus on assessing safety aspects, drug interaction studies.
- New drug delivery system & dosage forms for existing formulations.