Functions Of The Institutes
The functions of the institute will be the following:
- Development of the institute as an apex human resource development center of Ayurveda medicinal knowledge with linkages to the current health care system
- Generation of public awareness about the potential of Ayurveda medicine practices in disease, prevention and health promotion.
- To develop linkages with other academic and research institutions in different part of India and abroad
- To publish journals, research papers, brochures, newsletters and text books and to have a documentation and resource centre and maintenance of libraries with latest information services
- To conduct intramural and extramural research on all aspects of Ayurveda and interdisciplinary research in medicine and sciences related to Ayurveda
- To cooperate with national and international agencies engaged in research, capacity building, documentation, validation, preservation and practice of Ayurveda
- To create administrative, technical, ministerial and other posts under the Institute and to make appointments thereto in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Institute.
- To issue appeals and apply for money and funds in the furtherance of the objectives of the Institute and to raise or collect funds by gifts, donations, subscriptions, securities and movable or immovable property and grant such rights and privileges to the donors, subscribers and other benefactors as the institute may consider fit.