INTRODUCTION ABOUT DEPARTMENT
Swasthavritta is the branch of Ayurveda which deals with prevention of diseases through holistic approach by Diet, Hygiene and Yoga. Educating, equipping and empowering individuals with information and resources they need to protect their health has been one of the priority areas of the department.
Swasthavritta and Yoga focuses on personalized preventive and promotive health care, Diet, Lifestyle, Research on priority health problems and to develop doctors with a service orientation to various needs of community.
To be an outstanding centre of excellence for Ayurveda Preventive and Promotive health care and set the highest standards for education, Research, and Patient Care through Ayurveda for the benefit of humanity.
- Be a role model by setting up benchmarks for Postgraduate and Post-Doctoral Education in Swasthavritta.
- Bring preventive and promotive health care of Ayurveda of highest standards within the reach of every individual at National and International Level.
- Undertake interdisciplinary research focused on Nutraceuticals, Lifestyle disorders, preventive aspects of communicable disorders and Yoga.
- To provide Health management services to the community
- To provide preventive services to the society in respect to communicable, non-communicable diseases,
- To know and involve in national health programmes,
- To Understand and practice Yoga & Naturopathy
- To Understand and practice principles of Daily regimen, Seasonal regimen and Ayurveda diet regimen for promotion of health
- To undertake Interdisciplinary research projects.